Microphone Review for Rode SmarLav+ and iRig Mic Lav + Joby GorillaPod Zoom
In this video, I am doing a microphone review of Rode SmartLav+ and iRig Mic Lav + bonus review of Joby GorillaPod Zoom.
I have been using the SmartLav+ for over a year and I just unboxed the iRig MicLav and the Joby GorillaPod Zoom and I was so excited to share them with you.
As a live streamer and a vlogger, the sound is of utmost importance, if not even more important than the video quality.
- It’s compact
- Sound is very clear
- Longevity tested, survived for a whole year of intense streaming.
- It’s not cheap
- The cushion is easy to get lost
- It does not have a second plug for headphones or a second microphone, so it’s hard to interview two people with it.
- Its cable is short, which can be both a good and a bad thing, depending on the situation.
iRig Mic Lav PROs
- Sound is clear
- Have a second plug for interviewing or headphones.
- it comes with a nice container/box.
- It’s cheaper than the Smart Lav+
iRig Mic Lav CONs
- The cable is longer so that could be a good or a bad thing.
- It doesn’t have many reviews online so it needs some testing.
- Less compact than the Smart Lav+
Watch the full video to see the different sounds. This microphone review is part of my vlog.
Want to purchase?
✅ The Rode Smart Lav+
☛ Subscribe to watch all my videos on YouTube: http://bit.ly/katyayoutube
Thank you for watching my microphone review. I would love to hear any feedback. I really want to improve these vlogs. Shall I do more reviews? Shall I share more about live stream gear?