Microphone Review for Rode SmarLav+ and iRig Mic Lav + Joby GorillaPod Zoom
In this video, I am doing a microphone review of Rode SmartLav+ and iRig Mic Lav + bonus review of Joby GorillaPod Zoom.
I have been using the SmartLav+ for over a year and I just unboxed the iRig MicLav and the Joby GorillaPod Zoom and I was so excited to share them with you.
As a live streamer and a vlogger, the sound is of utmost importance, if not even more important than the video quality.
- It’s compact
- Sound is very clear
- Longevity tested, survived for a whole year of intense streaming.
- It’s not cheap
- The cushion is easy to get lost
- It does not have a second plug for headphones or a second microphone, so it’s hard to interview two people with it.
- Its cable is short, which can be both a good and a bad thing, depending on the situation.
iRig Mic Lav PROs
- Sound is clear
- Have a second plug for interviewing or headphones.
- it comes with a nice container/box.
- It’s cheaper than the Smart Lav+
iRig Mic Lav CONs
- The cable is longer so that could be a good or a bad thing.
- It doesn’t have many reviews online so it needs some testing.
- Less compact than the Smart Lav+
Watch the full video to see the different sounds. This microphone review is part of my vlog.
Want to purchase?
✅ The Rode Smart Lav+
☛ Subscribe to watch all my videos on YouTube: http://bit.ly/katyayoutube
Thank you for watching my microphone review. I would love to hear any feedback. I really want to improve these vlogs. Shall I do more reviews? Shall I share more about live stream gear?
Known as the Live Stream Queen, LiveStreamKatya is the founder of Peri10k and one of the pioneers and experts in the live video marketing revolution. With over 55K+ Social Fans, 1000+ streams under her belt and millions of views, she writes about 21st century marketing, building an engaged audience and becoming resilient as an entrepreneur.