Breaking News – Facebook Video Comments and Replies are here!
Sick of writing comment replies on Facebook? Brace yourself for Facebook Video comments and replies.
Mark Zuckerberg announced that Video is Facebook’s biggest priority in 2016 and he wasn’t saying that lightly. Today, you are finally able to have a whole chain of interaction with Video. Facebook Video Comments and Replies are finally here!
Check this out:
This is an example of a Facebook video comment which I selected from my Gallery.
But it does not just stop there. It’s only that you can reply with pre-recorded videos. You can actually reply with video in real time. Just tap on the video icon, hold the red button and you can record your instant reply. Contrary to Snapchat’s 10 second videos, Facebook Video Comments are 15 seconds.
According to Digital Trends, this feature is only available to a small number of users who are seeing a pop-up warning about the new feature. However, I tried it and it worked, even though I did not have the pop up. It’s worth popping over to Facebook and checking for yourself.
So why are Facebook Video Comments important?
- Have you ever felt like “meh.. I can’t be bothered replying” and you never do? Exactly! This should not be a concern anymore because Snapchat has proven that it’s very handy to reply to someone instantly. Finally, you can do it on Facebook too.
- Have you ever heard the adage that communication is only 7 percent verbal and 93 percent non-verbal, i.e. body language and vocal variety? How many times have you experiences misunderstandings on Facebook due to comments exchange? As a non-native English speaker, it happens to me all the time. I am a very direct person and video comments will allow me to show that even though I am direct, my reply actually comes from a good place.
- Facebook is now becoming the only Social Media Platform which can have a thread of conversation made of video. Snapchat’s replies disappear. Twitter’s replies are limited. Instagram comments cannot reply with video. Periscope comments are only text. They are embracing video on a higher level.
- You can finally show your real reaction to somebody’s post without using GIFs or Emojis.
- You no longer need to worry about bad spelling or grammar. Just turn your video on and talk.
I am extremely excited about this. I am not really sure how I am going to use it yet. For a starter, this will cut my time spent on Facebook. I tend to waffle a lot and written replies take time editing. Not only that, I have a terrible attention to detail and I always miss typos. I no longer need to worry about these. Video Comments could be a great strategy for Facebook groups. It can create a truly personal feeling and build relationship with the Facebook audience. For Facebook Group owners, you can create video ladders with your members. It can create a truly collaborative environment. I will definitely try that in my Peri10k community.
What about you? Do you have any creative ideas for using Facebook Video Comments for business? Let me know in the comments.
Want more advanced Live Video Strategies for Your Business?Join my FREE LIVESTREAM NINJAS MASTERMIND
Known as the Live Stream Queen, LiveStreamKatya is the founder of Peri10k and one of the pioneers and experts in the live video marketing revolution. With over 55K+ Social Fans, 1000+ streams under her belt and millions of views, she writes about 21st century marketing, building an engaged audience and becoming resilient as an entrepreneur.